Advertise Highway - Free Forum Promotion - Forum Advertising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spammers and trolls

3 posters

Go down

Spammers and trolls Empty Spammers and trolls

Post by Ashera Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:19 am

Other admins, do you get spammers and trolls and disputes between members often? How many members are banned from your forum?
Ashera
Ashera
Package Team
Package Team

Female
AH Cash : 780
Rep : 3

http://foodandmore.freeforums.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Spammers and trolls Empty Re: Spammers and trolls

Post by Kaynil Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:40 am

I only banned one member but I admit it was a biased decision, because the member made nothing really that big for as ban. I banned purely because I've seen that has caused really shameful trolling crap toward the same target in other boards. So I just tried to prevent that from happening at my place. I lost two members, one for my action and the other just stopped posting at my place after that. =\

I still wonder if it was too unfair, it just seemed to it was walking to the same direction. Still, this makes me feel so uncomfortable that I am almost certain I will avoid at all costs to ever ban someone again if they haven't done anything to deserve it at my place regardless their story at other places. Though... that also sounds like me being too foolish. I honestly don't know.

About SPAMMERS sometimes my members get excited and SPAM some, but we usually split their spam and redirected to the spam section. They are quick to understand the verbal warning. So it hasn't been a big problem so far.
Kaynil
Kaynil
Promotion Crazy
Promotion Crazy

Female
AH Cash : 1353
Rep : 0

http://comunidadzelda.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KayTheBanana Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:46 am

I have a load of banned members, we had a lot of spambots at one point, until we installed a better anti spam mod.

There are only a few banned members who are humans over the past few years-one for constantly turning debates into arguments, one who was too preachy and wouldnt listen to us telling him not to derail every thread to talk about God, three who were the same person with possible Munchausen's Syndrome...think thats about it.
KayTheBanana
KayTheBanana

Female
AH Cash : 31
Rep : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum