Advertise Highway - Free Forum Promotion - Forum Advertising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rok says good bye to Forumansion, very sad news

+2
The-Dragon-Man
master412160
6 posters

Go down

Rok says good bye to Forumansion, very sad news Empty Rok says good bye to Forumansion, very sad news

Post by master412160 Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:53 am

Sadly, ForuMansion is aging. Also, not to mention all of the spam and virus attempts that we've been having recently. Thus, we now have a new webmaster forum up called 'Forums Rule!', also short for 'FR'. No, this is not a new ForuMansion. Yes, this is a new forum that we've created to take the place of ForuMansion's being. Unfortunately, we will be closing down ForuMansion pretty soon; or, we might even sell it, and whoever would buy it could move it to paid hosting and do whatever they want for it. ForuMansion was one of the greatest forums that I've ever created... actually, it WAS the greatest forum that I've ever created. I loved ForuMansion from the very beginning, and I'm pretty sure that many of you agree. However, nothing lasts forever, and we should always try new things. But anyway, if you would like to check out this new forum (Forums Rule!) in BETA, then here's the link: http://forumsrule.webhostingfox.com
Meh, don't worry, we'll be getting a domain name pretty soon, haha! Besides, ForuMansion didn't have a domain name until after a few months we've been opened. So, if you guys want to, you could stay with ForuMansion until it gets sold to a new, responsible owner... or, you could join the forum. Well, maybe, you could stay on both, lol. It's all up to you!
Also, you'd might be wondering why we're not moving any of ForuMansion's posts over to the new forum. Actually, we'd like to just start over completely fresh and new. We hope to see the new forum grow, and even have fun watching it grow! If you would like to donate a dollar or two to help out with the domain, then you are very much welcome to donate here: http://forumsrule.webhostingfox.com/donate.php
Remember, we're still in BETA, and we'll be coming out with some NEW services soon!

PS, if you are interested in buying ForuMansion, then send me a PM either on FR or right here on the forum!

This is very sad news, those bastards damn them, really fucking damn them to do this to Rok, the team and of course the members of forumansion. It was really yesterday a spam fest and viruses. Rok started a new forum and the most sad thing is the spammers or spammer moved on to that place to spam it full. I don't see how a group or one person can manage to do this ?

What would you do if this happens with your forum ? Would you sell it to or close it down ?
master412160
master412160

Male
AH Cash : 31
Rep : 0

Back to top Go down

Rok says good bye to Forumansion, very sad news Empty Re: Rok says good bye to Forumansion, very sad news

Post by The-Dragon-Man Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:30 am

OMG! this is no good and those people who do that they must be pro hacker. also I wouldn't sell the forum to some one I just close it down cuz I don't like to see other people to have the same problem with those stupid kids who don't have a life...
The-Dragon-Man
The-Dragon-Man
Administrator
Administrator

Male
AH Cash : 6954
Rep : 18

http://www.themovieforum.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Rok says good bye to Forumansion, very sad news Empty Re: Rok says good bye to Forumansion, very sad news

Post by Kaynil Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:32 am

I really don't know what I'd do if this happened to my own forum.

I think I would use the last back up I have saved, change my password, my staff passwords, put the site in maintenance mode and have some days off to cool of my head and hopefully their intentions.

Another thing I could do is to post fake we're closing message too, to make them believe I gave up. Then I'll let my member knows through our MSN group this is just to put the hacker off and that will be back in X weeks.

But if it was as persistent, I might even consider starting over somewhere else, most likely under a new name and no mentioning the hacking incident. Just to make it harder we get annoyed again by them.

To be honest I have no clue.
Kaynil
Kaynil
Promotion Crazy
Promotion Crazy

Female
AH Cash : 1353

http://comunidadzelda.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Weble Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:20 pm

o-o He didn't hack it, he defaced it. P:

It's sad, i know. But maybe it's for the best?
Weble
Weble

Male
AH Cash : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by micro1000 Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:30 am

So is it sold or still not?
micro1000
Active Promoter
Active Promoter

Male
AH Cash : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:41 pm

Yes, it is opening today, i don't know the time though. They got the theme copied over, by that i mean they made it from scratch.
http://forumansion.com
Austin
Austin
Regular Promoter
Regular Promoter

Male
AH Cash : 48
Rep : 1

http://social-island.co.cc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down