Advertise Highway - Free Forum Promotion - Forum Advertising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There are different types of international SIM cards, which one is best for me?

Go down

There are different types of international SIM cards, which one is best for me? Empty There are different types of international SIM cards, which one is best for me?

Post by sonyjohn88 Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:38 am

The most convenient option is a XXSIM card. It works everywhere, and allows you to save from 50-80% anywhere. When inserted in your phone, your phone no longer uses your number. It uses a foreign number. (Call forwarding is available, so that people who phone your North American number are automatically forwarded to your temporary foreign number.) Most world cards give North Americans a UK phone number that they use to avoid North American roaming charges.
A regional SIM card is a great option if you're traveling to multiple countries in the same region. For example, a European SIM card allows you to save 55-85% on "the continent."
Country specific cards allow you to save 60-90% and are the most cost effective option. For example, a France SIM card gives you a French number. While in France, you would probably be calling many French numbers. Obviously, calling France is less expensive with a French number than a UK number. People in France, would also be able to call you for less than if you are using a French SIM card instead of a world SIM card.
Frequent travelers have a XXSIm one or two regional cards, and a SIM card for specific countries. They carry them all in a convenient wallet size SIM card holder.
sonyjohn88
sonyjohn88

Male
AH Cash : 244
Rep : 0

Back to top Go down